I just finished a ten thousand word weekend, and finished NaNoWriMo a record (for me) nine days early. This quadruples my lead time from last year, and is several orders of magnitude greater than my lead time in 2007, when I finished about 10 minutes early.
I’m pretty written out for today, so I’ll just give you a few stats for my NaNo 2010:
- Completion date: November 21, obviously.
- Average words per day: 2382
- Days of with zero words: 5
- Average words per day on days with at least 1 word written: 3126
- 10K weekends: 2
- Caffeinated beverages consumed while writing: believe it or not, absolutely none
My goal is to be done with the my rough draft, if at all possible, by the end of December. This gives me 40 days to write about 75,000 words, so I figure I’ll keep up my 2000 word days and pull it off pretty handily, assuming I can toss in a 10K weekend or two. I’m feeling pretty confident, and I’m already looking forward to starting on the revision.